As the name implies, Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) enables an extra layer of security on top of the standard email and password login credentials. For example, if your email is hacked, this added step of protection makes it more difficult for thieves to steal your precious funds.
Before enabling 2FA for your Coinapult account, you need to first install a Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP) client. This client is typically an application installed on a phone. Click here for a list of common TOTP clients. After doing that, follow these steps to enable 2FA:
- Log in to your Coinapult wallet.
- Select Settings from the username drop-down menu in the upper left corner.
- Click the Security Settings tab.
- Click the Set Up 2FA button to open a dialog.
- Scan the QR code shown on the screen with your TOTP client.
- At this point, you must save the recovery code present in the dialog. This will be requested in case you need to disable 2FA but lost the device necessary for doing so.
- After saving the recovery code in a safe place, enter the authentication code produced in your TOTP client. Here is an example of what it may look like. The token will be regenerated every 30 seconds.
- Final step - click the Activate button to enable 2FA.
And you're finished. Congratulations, you have made your account more secure. Please make sure to store your recovery code in a safe place, and take care of the device containing your 2FA client.